Upcycling Sheltered Workshops by Susan Dlouhy and Patty Mitchell
At a time when the traditional sheltered workshop model has fallen under rightful criticism, and a new paradigm for disability programming is not yet in place, Upcycling Sheltered Workshops offers a revolutionary alternative. As many push to dismantle sheltered workshops, Susan Dlouhy and Patty Mitchell present the Creative Abundance Model, a proven method that redirects sheltered workshops from routine to creativity, putting participants in the driver’s seat.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Foreword by Lynn M. Harter
- 1. The Movement toward the Creative Abundance Model
- 2. The Evolution
- 3. The Revolution
- 4. The Creative Abundance Model Framework
- 5. Stages
- Granting Permission
- Staff Acceptance and Implementation
- Your Waitress Doesn’t Eat Your Food
- Power to the People
- Community Partnerships
- Culture Shift
- Expectations Shift
- Continuous Evolution of Discovery
- The Nature of Attraction
- Share the Abundance
- 6. What We Have Learned
- Meet the Authors
Retail price: $18.95, S.
Release date: March 2015
35 illus. · 120 pages · 5½ × 8½ in.